Types of VTQ qualifications
There are a few different types and levels of VTQs, including:
- BTEC diplomas: level 1 to 7 qualifications
- Cambridge Nationals: level 1 and 2 qualifications
- Cambridge Technicals: level 2 and 3 qualifications
- T Levels: level 3 qualifications
Subjects you can take
There are over 2,000 different subjects available across the different VTQs.
Each subject focuses on a specific job or a broad employment area, such as childcare, engineering or IT.
Entry requirements for VTQs
To start a VTQ, you’ll need to:
- be 16 or over
- live in England
- not already be in full time education
The grades you’ll need to have will depend on the level and type of course you’re applying for.
Find a VTQ
VTQs usually take place at a school or college.
You can search for schools and colleges currently offering VTQ courses to find out where your nearest one is.Find a VTQ through the National Careers Service
After your VTQ
After completing a VTQ you could:
- go straight into work
- start a type of higher education
- do an apprenticeship